It happens to everyone, even the CHIC-est of them all! LUCKILY, we’ve got tips to share on how to remove those horrible stains using what you already have.
Remember: Always treat the stain BEFORE laundering. Heat will set a stain so use COLD WATER when treating.
Olive Oil –>Baking Soda
1. Blot the stain for excess oil.
2. Apply baking soda and let set for for 5-10 minutes. The baking soda should turn a brownish color from the soaked up oil.
3. Remove dried baking soda from stain.
4. If stain is heavy, repeat steps and then throw in the wash on cold.
Coffee –> Dishwashing Detergent
1. Squirt clear dishwashing detergent onto the stain and rub gently.
2. Allow detergent to set for approximately 15 minutes.
3. Rinse with cold water.
4. Add 1/3 cup of vinegar to 2/3 cups of water
5. Blot stain with the vinegar/water mixture.
6. Rinse with cold water then throw in the wash on cold.
Red Wine –> Vinegar:
1. Dab the stain with a damp cloth (do not rub stain)
2. Using white vinegar, pour onto a cloth (not the stain itself) and dab at the stain.
3. Let vinegar set for 5-10 minutes and rinse in cold water.