It’s that time of the year again…and no I’m not talking about Valentine’s Day! In fact, please don’t mention it. It’s Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York for the Fall 2013 collections, and as usual, I plan on being right in the center of it! This time, a lot has changed. I come to to the city as a designer for the first time. I may not have the budget for a Penny Chic fashion show (although…one day I will!), but I’m going to be spreading the word and modeling the collection everyday myself. A girl’s gotta hustle! And along with me, I’m bringing a few new “friends.” Say hello to my new sleek tote from Target ($39.99), my rhinestone arm baubles from TJMaxx ($7 each), and the brand new Pantech Discover smartphone from AT&T that was given to me to try out for Fashion Week! I would say the last new accessory might just take the cake for most exciting Fashion Week swag item ever. I took my new phone out for a spin while I was packing to test out the high quality 12.6 MP camera and was quite impressed (see below photos)! The only problem was I got sidetracked from packing even more once I started up with all the cool editing apps I downloaded (see the below collages).
Just to give you a sense of my process packing and how I choose what to bring, here are some of the essentials that made it to my suitcase this season:
1. this JCREW Sequin Top is the perfect fun-formal-but not too formal-top to pair with any dark pant you have!
2. Remember this Kirna Zabete for Target tweed dress? This dress will keep you warm (with a jacket and tights), because it’s made of tweed, but it also has a super chic Chanel vibe!
3, I wear this Zara tweed jacket all the time. This isn’t coming with me as my 1 winter coat, but I plan on wearing it with almost everything under my down jacket. Love the mix of studs with tweed!
4. This is a Marchesa Neiman Marcus for Target dress that was designed for girls actually. The large fits me so why not make a splash at the shows with some bright pink attitude?
1. Went a little crazy at Forever21 and bough a LOT of rhinestone crystal necklaces. When it comes to costume jewelry, I go for the BIG pieces so that they actually have a function in the outfit, especially with winter fashion that tends to be more boring in color.
2. Found these metallic silver pointed heels at Target and went crazy for them! They’re perfect for fashion week because they match with everything AND they leave an impression!
3. As many of you know, I’m addicted to NAIL ART! I couldn’t fathom going to fashion week without a funky fresh set so I went for it and did a little nail branding too. Thoughts?
4. I pack everything into square piles and then shove smaller things between the grids. That’s how I do it! How do you do it?
This time, luckily, I didn’t have to pack too much because I had my whole collection of dresses with me! That’s where all the fab costume jewelry comes into play. You can create about 5 different outfits per style by simply wearing different jewelry, changing your shoes, and revamping your makeup look!
Those are all the pics I have for you but stay tuned for more and don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for live updates about Fashion Week! All the pics that I take with my Pantech Discover phone will be tagged #DiscoverNYFW. Looking forward to seeing what else this chic Pantech smartphone can do so stay tuned! I’ve heard some rumors about the built in 3D surround sound speakers, so I wouldn’t put it past me if I broke out into a solo catwalk while rocking out to music on the phone. Anything’s possible at Fashion Week!