What I did, Who I saw, and What I wore during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in NY!
1. Attended a fascinating conference about Style an hour after I landed in the morning! Panelists included Rebecca Minkoff, Stacy London, and Lauren Bush.
2. Met my new idol. (Stacy London)
3. What I wore to the conference.
4. Next day, I attended the Independent Fashion Bloggers conference at Milk Studios. My third time going!
5. Sitting at the Design Within Reach pop up photobooth at the conference.
6. How cool are my shoes!
7. Panelists included amazing bloggerssuch as: BryanBoy, Cupcakes and Cashmere, P.S. I Made This, Nicolette Mason, Wendy’s Lookbook, and Fashionista.com.
8. Met a Penny Chic fan and fellow blogger Bon Vivant + a Budget. First time I’ve ever been recognized!
9. Gift bag included a cool ASOS laptop case/clutch. A nice end to my conference marathon!
1. Envelope from Glamour, officially recognizing me as one of their Young and Posh Bloggers
2. Visited the Nicole by Nicole Miller showroom and studio (sold at JCPenney). Lots of amazing prints and colors for Spring!
3. Visited the Kmart design offices in NYC. Nicole is the head designer for LYS, Kmart’s plus-size line. She is incredibly passionate about producing high design for plus-size women and was a total inspiration!
4. Tori is the head designer for Attention at Kmart. She had the coolest style! LOVED what they came up with for Spring.
5. Every shoe has a blueprint like this. Never knew shoe designers are basically engineers and architects!
6. Pops of color everywhere at the Target showroom. I basically wanted everything!
7. My first runway look for less for Glamour!
8. Checking out the photos in the freezing cold with my photographer, Javier Gomez
9. My second runway look for less for Glamour.
1. Finally made it to my first show at New York Fashion Week….the amazing Rebecca Taylor!
2. One of the chic looks coming down the runway.
3. What I wore.
4. Ran into another Penny Chic fan at the tents!
5. Lincoln Center where most shows at New York Fashion Week take place.
6. Cool graffiti I spotted on the street in the West Village. La Street C’est Chic!
7. Last night made it to the Fashiolista.com party and ran into my friend Beryl from high school
8. What I wore.
9. Couldn’t find a cab one Saturday night so me and my NYC besties hailed a vintage white limo!